[Problem] Need Changing the Google ID on G1...Support

Last Updated:

1. Hadware

Hadware Member This Topic's Starter

Hey All!

I have a problem that amazes me for its stupidity: i cannot change the google ID on my T-Mobile G1.First, let's explain from where is the problem coming:
    I bought a G1 on amazon, locked by T-Mobile. Not being at T-Mobile, i unlocked it. The guy who unlocked it had to put a Google Adresse to "sign-in" the thing, so he put a random adress, not the one i wanted. I don't have the password of this adress, and it's not mine anyway. I therefore want to change it to mine, but impossible! There's no way i can change it in the config, or anywhere else on the phone.

Please Help me. I'm running the CRC37 Build, Firmware version : 1.5, kernel 2.6.27

Thanks for your help in advance

Advertisement
  2. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

All you need to do is wipe the device. With the device off, hold down the home button and then press the power button while continuing to hold the home button. Once you see a triangle with and exclamation point on the screen, let go of the home button and open up the keyboard. Press alt+L to see the text and then alt+w to wipe the device. Then reboot. Then you'll be all set to set up the phone with your Google ID.

3. Hadware

Hadware Member This Topic's Starter

I was scared that it might put back the lock on it but it works like a charm. Thanks