Problem Orange Hero 2.1 update.

Last Updated:

1. Peterpoose

Peterpoose Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, i have just recieved part 1 of the upgrade on my Orange Pay as you go Hero by changing the dates.

Ive waited 24 hours, tried changing dates again to recieve the second part but to no avail, the trouble is i am going on holiday tomorrow morning 6am and need the second part by latest tonight as i will have no internet where i am going.

Is there any way i can speed this up or download it directly from the net to my phone ?

Many Thanks

Peter

Advertisement
  2. Peterpoose

/bump

3. Peterpoose

ive read the big long post aswell but no help for me, it says on my phone Firmware Version 2.1-update 1

software number 3.35.61.2

From HTC website:

Once you have completed the above instructions and successfully updated to Eclaire 2.1 your device will show software version 3.35.61.2.

Which it does but i only recieved 1 DL and it also says update 1, im confused. do i need update 2 ? or ?

4. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

The second OTA update leaves your firmware as 2.1-update-1.

Yes, it's confusing, but the phrase '2.1-update-1' has been around far longer than the hero's OTA updates and isn't referring to HTC's update process.

You have the new build number, 2.1 and the new settings page and so on, right? Then you're good to go.

Peterpoose likes this.
  5. Peterpoose

Wonderful thanks alot, i do but i dont remember having to DL in 2 parts oh well all looks great and it didnt wipe anything

many thanks

6. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Yup, the updates didn't wipe anybodies handsets it would seem.

But yeah, if you've got the new market and everything it's definitely the second OTA update. The first one didn't change much; it only added an extra option in the settings.