Problem pairing with 2012 Subaru OutbackSupport

1. jhop

jhop Member

I just tried to pair my LG Optimus V thru bluetooth to my 2012 Subaru Outback. The car and the phone will not pair. Is it something I am doing or do I need to download a new driver or something for my phone?
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar Guide

Make sure it is set to discoverable
  3. jhop

jhop Member

I tried that but still no luck. It just keeps searching and not pairing. Thanks for the advice.
  4. benslgdroid

Are you rooted or stock
  5. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

I got to dig through the archives and my brain. We had a member that had that very same problem. He figured it out. Right now I cant think for the life of me which phones forum he was in. Something to do with clearing/wiping any old settings in the phone from another blue tooth device, and resetting the one in the car? Try the search box and search: car Bluetooth

I've still got a bunch of forums to look in on before I can commit to a search.
    jhop likes this.
  6. Leslie Ann

Leslie Ann Well-Known Member Developer

Some of the roms are not as compatible.
    Harmonia 1 seems to be the best in terms of bluetooth connectivity.
    jhop likes this.
  7. jhop

jhop Member

Not sure what that means? I have never used bluetooth before I bought this car.
  8. jhop

jhop Member

Thanks for your help I will look later and try to find that.
  9. jhop

jhop Member

I am not the most tech savy. What is a rom? Can I add Harmonia 1 to my phone? Thanks for your help.
  10. benslgdroid

You have to be rooted first
  11. Leslie Ann

Leslie Ann Well-Known Member Developer

If you aren't rooted, then you are on stock, which means even Harmonia likely won't help.

It's probably something you are missing, or they aren't compatible.
  12. lburgguy

lburgguy Well-Known Member

A2DP, free on the Android market is the only way I can get my Optimus to auto connect with my Sony headunit. Definitely worth a try, it's a great app.
  13. amcoving

amcoving New Member

Hi jhop
    were you ever able to pair your phone? I'm having the same problem with my outback. It's not listed as a compatible phone on Subaru's website but I was hoping there was some way to tweak the phone to get it to work.