Problem Playing Music Through Headphones

Last Updated:

1. cjwalker28

cjwalker28 Member This Topic's Starter

So I've had my Mytouch 3G for quite some time now, and I have the older version where you need that mini usb to 3.5mm jack adaptor. But for no apparent reason, it suddenly stopped recognizing the adaptor or something, because when I plug it in and play music, it just plays through the speakers. I'm pretty sure it isn't the adaptor because I have two and I have the same problem with both. Also I wanted to mention it recognizes the charger or whenever I mount the phone to my computer. Anything I can do to fix this problem? Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

That sure sounds like you got a USB contact moved out of place, or corroded or something to that effect. Almost definitely a hardware issue on the phone side.

If the phone's less than a year old, you might be able to get a warranty repair. On the cheap and immediate side, you could try getting some contact cleaner from a hardware or electrical store (Radio Shack) and spraying that in there, but I kinda doubt it's just corrosion.

Or you can get bluetooth headphones, and skip the jack altogether.

3. cjwalker28

cjwalker28 Member This Topic's Starter

That's actually what I was thinking but like I said when I charge it or mount it, it works fine. That's what is confusing me.