Problem reading from SD after rooting

Last Updated:

1. back2russia

back2russia New Member This Topic's Starter

I have a mytouch 3g 1.2 3.5mm jack.

I first rooted this phone from the xda developers site using univeral androot.
    the root was super easy.

i think proceeded to install cyanogen 5.17.

it put android 2.1 on my phone, which i LOVED dearly.

then I discovered that I did something wrong because my earpiece wasnt working.

so I went back in. restarted with down vol button and power and installed a different sappimg.zip file. i figured that would set it back to the way it was. it did not.

After it installed I restarted and my heart sank when I saw the vodafone logo. I have tmobile, mind you. then I got an HTC magic boot screen, and I had a mytouch 3g. It loaded the operating system, but the touchscreen was disabled so I never got to do anything with it.

I, at this point, assumed I had bricked the phone, but I refused to let go, so I kept messing with it. I went and bought a card reader for my PC and used that to put a different [factory] sappimg.zip file on my card.

I then installed that and everything was back to normal, like it was before I rooted and installed cyanogen.
    so fine, I had a phone again, so I just left it alone.

but now when I turn on my phone, it says "SD card removed. insert a new one" in the notification area. my card is in the phone, and i have reformatted and done a master reset both ways,ect. its not the card thats messed up.

If I do a vol down+power boot, i can still update from things that are on the card, so I know the phone can read from the card, just not once the android system boots.

not only that but I think I've lost my bluetooth as well, but I dont really use bluetooth at all, so its not a huge deal if I never get that fixed.

So heres what I want to do.

I want to reflash my phone using a different sappimg.zip file so it will recognize my SD card.

As of now, I cannot root seeing as how the phone needs to recognize the SD card for that.

If I could gain root access without using an SD card at all, please let me know. if you just have any suggestions on what I should do aside from buying a new phone, please let me know. I appreciate your input, probably.

I realize this was long and tedious, but if you are still reading this, thanks a bunch.

Advertisement
  2. dasudevil

dasudevil Well-Known Member

have you tried another SD card?

3. back2russia

back2russia New Member This Topic's Starter

yes I have tried 3 different ones

4. gamma

gamma Active Member

The factory SD cards that are made by San-disk are supposedly to slow (class 2) for the phone to handle. I had problems with mine until i Got a (class 4) card. Then everything worked perfectly.

5. dasudevil

dasudevil Well-Known Member

then im lost. I have not had any issues with any cards that i have placed in the phone. ALSO... when you rooted it changes the phone to a vodafone since it has a loop hole in it. (crackable)

Sorry wish i could do more.

6. Phateless

Phateless Well-Known Member

I just installed CM 5.0.8 about an hour ago and I'm noticing that all SD-related options are grayed out, although the gallery appears to work ok. What gives? Does Eclair require a faster SD card than I'm probably using? I've tried 2 cards so far and both have the same results...