Problem rebooting into recovery

Last Updated:

1. Danfish98

Danfish98 Member This Topic's Starter

My Ally is rooted using Universal Android. I've been thinking about changing over to Velocity or Raptor from my current stock ROM but when I try to reboot into recovery either using the power+send+menu option or using ROM manager I see the Android guy with an exclamation mark inside a triangle flash on the screen right after reboot, then it seems like the phone reboots again and loads like normal. Anyone else had this problem or have any idea how to fix it?

Thanks in advance for your help. I'm kinda new to the Android thing and I can already tell that there's a ton of knowledge on this forum.

Advertisement
  2. flick159

flick159 Well-Known Member

Danfish98 likes this.
  3. Cjohn8792

Cjohn8792 Well-Known Member

Download Rom Manager, if I'm right I think it comes with clockwork mod recovery. Make sure you read everything you possibly can if this is your first root so you don't brick your phone.

4. Danfish98

OK, I flashed the latest Velocity ROM, but I neglected to wipe data, I only wiped cache. Velocity loads up just fine, but the phone runs like crap. When I try to reboot into recovery the phone hangs at the LG screen. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help so far!

5. Danfish98

Nevermind, I used the alternate recovery available with ROM manager and it worked just find.