problem receiving textsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Billswood

Billswood Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have not been able to receive texts since last night. What happens is I will get nothing for hours, then I reboot, and will get like 8 at once. I don't want to take it to vzw, because they will just reset it and i want to only use that as a last ditch effort. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Advertisement
  2. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

Moved to support and troubleshooting

3. Mojorisen

Mojorisen Well-Known Member

I'm thinking that this is a local issue... I also live in Raleigh, and started having this issue today. Hopefully it's related to the OTA rollout and will work itself out soon, but who knows...

4. Billswood

I took it to the vzw store in North Hills, the lady did something, and now it is better. She said something about I am now using both Alltell and VZW's towers, but I'm not sure if I can only do this because I still technically have an Alltell plan

5. Mojorisen

Well, with the merger from when VZW bought Alltel, all VZW people should have been using Alltel towers anyway. But it still doesn't make any sense on why that would have just started happening over the weekend. :confused:

6. Mojorisen

Updated my PRL this morning; seems to have resolved the issue. Only thing I can think of is complications with a nearby tower...

7. SgtBaxter

SgtBaxter Well-Known Member

Heh, I remember a few years back I was in Vegas, and sent a few text messages to someone coming out there a few days after I had arrived to let him know what was going on.

After he got there, we were sitting in a taxi an he asked me why I hadn't texted him, and I told him I had 3 days ago. He said he'd texted me, but I'd not gotten any texts from him either.

Suddenly, both of our phones simultaneously chirped. He'd just received the texts I'd sent him 3 days earlier, and I received the ones he'd sent two days earlier.

Gotta love Verizon.

8. mas90guru

mas90guru Well-Known Member

I'm in CT having similar issue after a lengthy period of receiving SMS pretty quickly.

9. Billswood

Hopefully it is related to froyo, and when the update comes out SOON it will be fixed. I have no idea how it would affect it or anything, but i hope! lol

10. Mojorisen

I'm baffled. I've been able to receive texts just fine in my house since I bought this phone (release date). Then, suddenly this weekend, I'm having issues not getting texts up to 6 hours after they are sent! Leave my house, go to work, whatever, I get them within a minute or two after having been sent...