problem replaying to messages

Last Updated:

1. leftkidney

leftkidney Banned This Topic's Starter

well I had the same problem using the Palm forums and now I have this here - it is only on these 2 forums nothing else and I have lots of other forums I go to and have for years and have never seen this message

if I go to replay and I just type in the "quick reply" I get this message

"Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please reload the window."

so I reload the window and still nothing - this happens from time to time and the only way I can post is to use the "reply" button and have it open up - the normal "quick reply" wont work until maybe a day latter or whatever

what is happening here - I was told at the palm forums that they have no idea what is going on here and didnt believe me it was happening so often until I provided screen shots

why do I have this problem - precentral uses the same forum software and so does just about everyone out there - different versions of the software but the same

Advertisement
  2. leftkidney

I am still having this problem - look at this pic and it shows what is happening

I have this problem once in a while and even though I reload the page nothing works
    I can only reply using the "New Reply" button - in fact I had to do that for this message - I got the error trying to post this using the "quick reply" box

why am I having this problem with more then 1 forums system, I have never had this in the past it just started in the last 5 months or so and its everywhere now

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

3. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

What happens if you try a different browser?

Have you ever tried clearing your cache/cookies on your browser?

4. leftkidney

only use firefox, havent tried IE never will

I guess I could try chrome or safari or something like that

but it only happens once in a while and when it does it will go away after a little while - no set time just the next time I will try to do it it will work but then it wont again latter

I have set my browser to block 3rd party cookies because of obvious reasons, they are for nothing else then tracking you - there are other ways to do what they do without needing 3rd party cookies so maybe thats the problem

3rd party Cookies are made by a company that have been paid to get as much information as they can about your internet habits, your preferences, your computer settings and so on

simply put being a security researcher by trade I dont trust them at all

EDIT: it worked this time when I pressed the button but randomly it will give me that message

5. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

You ever try this add on? Betterprivacy
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6623/

It doesn't block those cookies but deletes them from computer every time you close browser

6. leftkidney

maybe, but I almost never close my browser so thats not good - I guess I could have a button to clear then out - but thats not the point there is no good reason for 3rd party cookies other then tracking so they dont need to even be used unless you are tracking someone around the web which I dont like

I will have to look into it but many of the programs that claim to do this dont do it properly, there is still a log file somewhere or a copy saved for some reason - or there is more info going to another company that made the program that does this - or they put a 1st party cookie on your computer that tells it not to track you - useless, like putting a sign up on a safe that says "dont take the diamonds" I bet you didnt even know there were diamonds in there - just as you didnt even know ther was a computer ther until it reported it self

or like some ISP's they are putting a 3rd party cookie that says "dont track me" but its a 3rd party cookie that has a serial number that can be identified as coming from you so its useless

some even will cause security exploits to be possible like in the case of rogers in Canada and the 3rd party cookie they set on users computers as an "opt out" program - they opted out of something and they were given a 3rd party cookie that was to tell the tracking servers to "not track you" but there is a log of people that are "not tracked" so they are still tracked!

I am a security researcher by trade and I really dont trust anything online after understanding how it works, I dont understand why scripting is used so much when its so dangerous and can be done with other methods mostly - there are reasons for scripting but I still use NoScript

look at GRC.com for security info, but the guy over there Steve Gibson has a e-commerce system that he wrote that doesent use scripting - but all other e-commerce systems do use scripting because they dont know how to do it any other way

EDIT: it happened again with this message - but all the other messages I have posted since the last one and this one worked correctly or I would have noted it