• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem replying to sms on HTC Desire S

I am having problems replying to texts on my HTC Desire. I open the received message and type in my reply and press send. As it is processing I can see that it goes in to the last thread of whoever I texted previously and sends the message to them instead.This has caught me out so many times and can be embarrassing. Does anyone know a way to avoid this?
I have just tried again and realised that when I open the message, it opens the message thread of the last person, which isnt obvious as it looks like just the empty reply type box so I have to come out of that thread and in to the one for the new person before replying

I'm not sure what's going on. Are you saying you think this is a software fault, or is it something you're doing but would like to know if there's a 'better' way to avoid miss-pressing the screen, etc?

If it appears to be a software problem, first try a soft reset as that can solve many problems very easily. Power off phone > Remove battery for 30 seconds > Replace and power on phone.

If that doesn't work, you can try deleting all the texts in the Messages app - remember to back them up before you do.

And/or delete all contacts on your phone, then sync/re-install them as there might be a possibility that this glitch is related to the contacts database and not the SMS app per se.

Reactions: confusedbeetle
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones