• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Problem rooting Droid Incredible

xXYuriXX

Lurker
Apr 22, 2015
Ok so I have tried like 3 different methods to root my phone, but I can never finish rooting them, cause I can't get my phone to recognize in the bootloader to my pc, when my phone is turned on, my pc has no problem with it, but when I go to bootloader, my pc doesn't even know the device is plugged in, i looked for it in device manager, nothing. Im tring to use Unrevoked right now to root it.

Download and run this program.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588979

Then after everything is complete, open command prompt and plug In phone via usb, then type adb devices. It should show your phone, then in cmd, type in fastboot devices. Phones serial should appear. If you see both, then in cmd, in the directory you have saved the adb and fastboot files, (I saved mine in desktop) type in cmd
"Adb reboot bootloader" if all is well, it should boot into bootloader and give you access to fastboot also. I sat on my pc for 11 hours trying to root my Dinc like 3 days ago. Let me know if it helped.

Upvote 0
Download and run this program.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588979

Then after everything is complete, open command prompt and plug In phone via usb, then type adb devices. It should show your phone, then in cmd, type in fastboot devices. Phones serial should appear. If you see both, then in cmd, in the directory you have saved the adb and fastboot files, (I saved mine in desktop) type in cmd
"Adb reboot bootloader" if all is well, it should boot into bootloader and give you access to fastboot also. I sat on my pc for 11 hours trying to root my Dinc like 3 days ago. Let me know if it helped.
Well the problem was my phone while in fastboot mode would not be recognized by my PC, like a missing driver or something, so in the end I just bought another phone, I went with the Moto e 2nd gen, idk if I'm going to root that, the primary reason I wanted to root my Droid was the ability to freeze apps from running that I didn't want using up my memory, but Moto E has enough that it never freezes on me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones