Problem rooting my magic

Last Updated:

1. delboypb

delboypb Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all. Great forum. Its what pushed me to get a magic which arrived yesterday.

Ive tried rooting and installing custom roms using instructions from theunlockr but have a problem. Using the 1 click method I am at the point where the phone has been rooted and is on the system recovery screen. I have done the wipe data but when I format sd: fat32+ext2+swap i get error: run sdtools.sh via adb!

any help please as ive tried it several time all with the same error. I am assuming its something simple like following the instructions in the order but I have no idea how to do so and Ive not been able to find a solution anywhere

\\thanks in advance and keep up the brilliant work

Del

Advertisement
  2. delboypb

I also have another question for anyone using cardio trainer. Is there an accesory for the magic that allows you to strap the phone to your arm so you can run with it. If not then what are you using to keep it safe when you train.

Thanks again

3. delboypb

Hi all again. Does anyone have any clues what my original problem is as I really want to get my magic rooted. Please any help would be great or point me in the right direction would be great. Thanks again

4. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Here is a TAG search for Magic rooting hope it helps
    >>> Android Forums - Threads Tagged with magic rooting

5. delboypb

thanks just jim. But it doesnt really answer my question.

Im using the methods on theunlockr.com but come unstuck when partitioning my sd card which gives the error above. Can anyone help please as Im lost

Thanks again and sorry to be a pest