Problem Setting Stratosphere contact ringtoneSupport

1. dougvarrieur

dougvarrieur New Member

No matter how I do it when I try to set a contacts custom ringtone from the ringtone folder, download folder, music folder or sounds folder the contacts ringtone always reverts back to "default ringtone" :confused::confused:

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. dougvarrieur

dougvarrieur New Member

If your Android keeps going back to the default ring for any particular contact in your phone whom you wish to have a custom ring simply delete the contact and re-enter the contact. Choose the new ring tone for the contact when re-entering....worked great :D
  3. NOOBY

NOOBY Member

Also check to make sure that the ringtone you are trying to use isn't claimed by something else.

I was trying to set the "Facebook Pop" notification for my work email. It would set, then almost immediately revert to the first audio file starting with an A (an old voice recording, which really confused me the first time I got an email.)

As it turns out, for whatever reason, the Facebook Pop tone could not be set. I changed it to something else and it worked fine.
  4. mssherryt

mssherryt New Member

I'm having the same problem and it's driving me crazy. I hate the thought of removing and re adding a ton of contacts. Did you ever get an answer on this?
  5. buffaloquinn

buffaloquinn Member

I'm having the ringtone problem too. Very frustrating.
  6. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

Interesting. I just tried it now using the work phone contact and after setting a custom ringtone, it reverts back to the default sound.

What strikes me as odd, I have set the wife's number with a ringtone after getting this phone and it works. I do believe I set the ringtone after adding her as a contact some weeks later.
  7. tjham

tjham New Member

Still no solution to this? I just got this phone and am surprised I can't personalize ringtones. I had my previous phone for 4 years :eek: and could do it on that phone. Why not the Stratosphere? :confused: