Problem Setting Stratosphere contact ringtoneSupport

1. dougvarrieur

dougvarrieur New Member

No matter how I do it when I try to set a contacts custom ringtone from the ringtone folder, download folder, music folder or sounds folder the contacts ringtone always reverts back to "default ringtone" :confused::confused:

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. dougvarrieur

dougvarrieur New Member

If your Android keeps going back to the default ring for any particular contact in your phone whom you wish to have a custom ring simply delete the contact and re-enter the contact. Choose the new ring tone for the contact when re-entering....worked great :D
  3. NOOBY

NOOBY Member

Also check to make sure that the ringtone you are trying to use isn't claimed by something else.

I was trying to set the "Facebook Pop" notification for my work email. It would set, then almost immediately revert to the first audio file starting with an A (an old voice recording, which really confused me the first time I got an email.)

As it turns out, for whatever reason, the Facebook Pop tone could not be set. I changed it to something else and it worked fine.
  4. mssherryt

mssherryt New Member

I'm having the same problem and it's driving me crazy. I hate the thought of removing and re adding a ton of contacts. Did you ever get an answer on this?
  5. buffaloquinn

buffaloquinn Member

I'm having the ringtone problem too. Very frustrating.
  6. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

Interesting. I just tried it now using the work phone contact and after setting a custom ringtone, it reverts back to the default sound.

What strikes me as odd, I have set the wife's number with a ringtone after getting this phone and it works. I do believe I set the ringtone after adding her as a contact some weeks later.
  7. tjham

tjham New Member

Still no solution to this? I just got this phone and am surprised I can't personalize ringtones. I had my previous phone for 4 years :eek: and could do it on that phone. Why not the Stratosphere? :confused: