Problem since the update...Support

Last Updated:

1. gwolf

gwolf Active Member

Ever since the update, my phone has been acting weird software wise. Every once and a while, since like 3-4 ties a day, It seems like it does want to wake up when i hit the middle button on the front or the button on the side of the phone. The only thing that I can do is actually do a forced reset of the phone by holding down the side button. and then it works perfectly. I was actually working on a computer and I was using the light widget and it "locked up" on me. The light was still on but I could not get into the phone to turn it off. Any one else have the same problem or knows how to fix it?

2. shmn

shmn Well-Known Member

I would try a factory reset first.
  3. rbheromax

rbheromax Well-Known Member

A lot of ppl are experiencing problems like this. I'm sure Sammy will release a fix in a few days if enough ppl complain
  4. marine one

marine one Well-Known Member

I had a few things that didn't work exactly right after the update and a battery pull seemed to fix them. I'm on Verizon and still don't have the wifi toggle on the notification panel but it to me it is simply not worth performing a factory wipe.
  5. allanlaw

allanlaw Well-Known Member

If I leave mine on the (factory) charger overnight, it is soft-bricked in the morning (with red LED glowing) and I have to pull the battery to get it going again. This started after the update (yes, I did a factory reset) and all is well if I only charge enough during the day to get to 100% capacity and then pull the cord out.
  6. GottWhat

GottWhat Well-Known Member

Mine did the same thing this morning but the light was green as the battery was fully charged. Pulled the battery and seems to work fine now. The crappiest part is my alarm didn't go off.
  7. gwolf

gwolf Active Member

wow, i hope samsung will fix this issue, i was going to root my phone since it seems like it is a software problem, but what i have read is that with the verizon update, they seemed to lock the bootloader for now. so no rooting my phone right now.
  8. allanlaw

The last time mine did this, the led was doing the email notification blue blink - but it was still otherwise frozen stiff. So, whatever the led is doing before the phone dies, it keeps doing it. But always, it only happens when the phone is plugged in overnight. I just leave it off the charger now at night, and all is well.
  9. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

It has caused many different issues with several of us, and it doesn't seem to me that this update was quite ready to be sent out yet.:rolleyes:
  10. eecurcio

eecurcio Member

I'm having the same freezing issues. Also, my battery life is SHOT since the update. I used to be able to go for at least 8 hours with moderate use (mostly texting) and now even not doing anything it seems like my battery is dead inside 4 hours!
  11. allanlaw

The update fiddles with your settings, so check them out and make sure the power-sucking features are turned off.