Problem streaming audioSupport

Last Updated:

1. Ellerbestyle

Ellerbestyle Member This Topic's Starter

I did a search and cant seem to find if someone else has this problem. I use either radio time or iheartradio to stream radio stations and I have drop outs all the time. If I am on 3g it does this as well as Wifi. I would think wifi would be solid but I have tried a couple different interent connections just to make sure it wasnt the connection. This drives me crazy because there is no reason I should be able to stream a 48k stream on a good 3g connection for a wifi connection.

Is there any tweaks I need to do? Am I doing something wrong?

Advertisement
  2. Kwake

Kwake Member

Could you have a task killer that is killing the app automatically when your phone goes idle?

3. Ellerbestyle

I don't use a task killer. It doesn't completely stop it just skips. It almost acts as if there is no buffer at all. I might be streaming at 52k and the stream is a 48k stream and it still will drop below 48k. I even tried a 32k stream and it starts out strong then it starts to act up.

4. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

Does something like Pandora work?

5. Ellerbestyle

Yeah pretty sure it works. I will test it and post back.

6. xrtfan

xrtfan New Member

I have the same issue. If the radio goes off, I have no 3G signal and then it comes back. Same issue with wifi. I thought maybe I was in a marginal 3G area, but I work on the the top floor of a building that has a Verizon cell tower on top and it still does the same thing...any ideas? thanks

7. Ellerbestyle

I am convinced it is something to do with android. I was trying to get radio time to work yesterday. I was on wifi with a fios connection. Seems like if I listen to a 32k stream I am usually ok, but a 48k or higher and it drops out.

8. TambourineMan

TambourineMan Well-Known Member

Did anyone figure out what was the problem?