Problem SW Version Stuck VS740ZV6

Last Updated:

1. warttack

warttack Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi again y'all, well i dont know exactly whats going on so i decided to ask.
    I've been trying out some of my own flavors of rooms and somehow now my sw version wont change i can flash anything like velocity, raptor or any of my cooks that the sw version wont change to v8 or vzb. Does anyone know whats causing that? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member

This is because you never installed the V8 or VZB updates via OTA. You just installed hijacked copies that we base our ROMs on. There is something that triggers this field to be changed when applying the stock ROMs via OTA. I'm just not sure what at this point in time. I'll try to figure it out and include it in Velocity V0.4.

warttack likes this.
  3. myfishbear

myfishbear Well-Known Member

hey if you have v6 you need a stock recovery and have to dial for checkin service to call for your updates
    *#*#CHECKIN#*#*
    here is my guide for doing this http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/185434-simplified-fix-ota-updates-stock-recovery.html
    if you still cannot get the update to come use
    http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/166588-how-flash-stock-lg-rom.html
    and re flash v6 then run the ota updates (i believe 2) then install the rom of your choice. i like velocity lolz:D

4. warttack

I did. it used to work before when i flashed stock recovery and v6 and *#*#checkin#*#* but now it just stoped working.

I used every guide out there trying to fix OTA updates and nothing works, its just stuck on v6.

5. warttack

I did that so many times i lost count. :p
    but this time it just doesnt want to work.

6. myfishbear

what dosent work? does the prompt for ota even come up?

7. warttack

Oh another thing i tried too was to get the update zips v6_to_v8 and v8_to_vzb that i saved on sd when i got them OTA and flash them with RA recovery. since its stock v6 flashed using LG Utils it wont have a problem right? So Flashed them, my radio updates my android updates but my sw version still v6.

8. warttack

no not even to say hi and disapear :p

9. myfishbear

alright what you need to do is reset and clear cache and davlik in your recovery and bs then run your tool to go to v6. load up a your recovery with ally rr before it boots for the first time and when its done go and clear your shit again. after that load the stock recovery by use of the android sdk (adb) in my guide. when thats done then the do checkin again. thats what worked for me. it is alot of steps but you have to do em all lol. just dont use the update zips.

10. warttack

ok let me see if i understood what you said.
    right now i have a v6 unrooted with RA_v1.2.4 recovery.

So I'll clean "data/factory reset" and "dalvik-cache" then I'll reinstall the stock recovery using the fastboot method because is faster and easier.

Code (Text):
    1. adb reboot-bootloader
    2. fastboot flash recovery stock_recovery.img
    3. fastboot reboot
    then I'll start LG Utils and flash v6.

Does it sounds right to you?

11. myfishbear

yep but you forgot to clear the regular cache and you dont need to mess with the stock recovery before you flash (if you want to save time).
    then when thats done load the v6. next you recover with fastboot again and clear all that crap a 2nd time. using ally rr or something before android loads completely.
    when thats done load up the stock recovery like in my guide and reboot.
    then you can do the checkin and apply the 2 updates ota

12. warttack

cool, thanks let me try one more time. and i didnt clear the normal cache because the wipe data/factory reset does that ;)

13. myfishbear

yeh thats what i thought lol

14. warttack

its a no go. cleared all, flashed stock recovery, flashed v6, flashed stock recovery again before the first startup, signed with google, hit checkin, nothing happens. so i went to settings/privacy/ factory reset and went back to activation screen, activated, reboot, re-signed with google, hit checkin again and nothing. So I got nothing else.

15. myfishbear

you forgot to clear it out again after v6 downgrade, and i mean clear everything (cache, davilik ect) and factory reset everything again even if you have already done it twice
    then do another stock recovery and install flash_image in adb
    (go to windows command prompt as admin and find adb in the tools folder of the sdk or equivalent and once in the dir type)
    / adb shell
    / $ su
    / # mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
    / # cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
    / # chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
    / # mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
    / # reboot

and when it reboots do the google setup and checkin again. i swear the 2ns clearing of the cache , davilik, and factory reset is much more important due to the fresh software that you loaded.

warttack likes this.
  16. warttack

didn't work but thanks for the help...

17. myfishbear

wow sorry bro im at a loss... maybe try to load the un-official v9 update then downgrade again to v6 i heard that worked for someone a while back

18. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

The unofficial v9 update is HIGHLY UNRECOMMENDED, can cause numerous issues, some issues i've come across is usb debugging not working at all, so no downgrade to v6 and stuck on v9

warttack likes this.
  19. warttack

I dont know but im starting to think my issue is purely stetical. So i have 2 allys one mine and one is my girl's. my girl's ally is ok since i never messed with it again and it has all the updates to vzb, so i got abd rebooted fastboot mode flashed amonra's 1.2.4 recovery and made a nand backup. Got the backup and restored it in my phone and voila, still v6 :p
    Well i guess nandroid backups doesnt contain the miracle i thought they would. But yeah I moved on and #$%^ SW Version. Thanks Trident, death2all110 and Myfishbear for the help, it was much appreciated.

20. warttack

Ok here is my log when i flash v6. Can someone have a look and see if theres something wrong?

11:12:21 : [C:\LGMobileUpgrade]