Problem syncing gmail appSupport

Last Updated:

1. mrdoc

mrdoc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Using the app that comes built in, i was able to use gmail for about a month when it suddenly stopped syncing. I tried a lot of things like clearing app data from gmail and gmail storage in applciation management. Only thing i see is a black screen saying "your email will appear shortly" and then nothing happens..

Is there anything that can be done other than a factory restore?

Thank you..

Advertisement
  2. Bob in Northern NJ

Bob in Northern NJ Member

I had this same problem! What I did was, delete/uninstall google maps and anything related to google maps. Delete/uninstall g-mail app. You may not be able to uninstall these apps depending on which ROM you are running, but you can go into applications management and clear everything. Then, delete your G-mail account. Reboot the phone, and then reinstall your g-mail account, and sync it. That's it.

3. mrdoc

mrdoc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks for suggestion.. I had tried clearing all data from app management but that didnt work.. In the stock rom, u can not uninstall gmail app. And u cannot delete ur google account unless u do a factory reset..

Anyway, i ungraded to froyo already and i do not have problem with gmail app so far..