Support Problem syncing moment with exchange

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by trwiega, Mar 26, 2010.

1. trwiega

trwiega New Member

Mar 26, 2010
    I am a newb so i could use some help. I have the Samsung Moment (Android 1.5) and it will not sync automatically with my work's Exchange Server (2003). I can force it to sync manually but when I go into the Activesync App all of the buttons are "off." I can manually turn them back on but after a few minutes they revert back to the "off" setting.

I have several coworkers with the Motorola Droid and they have not had problems syncing with our server. I have taken it to the Sprint store and they say that it might be a setting that is wrong on the server. I asked our IT guy and he couldn't figure it out either. I wouldn't think it is a setting on the server because everyone else with Android phones is doing fine.

Finally, I downloaded "Touchdown" and it tries to sync automatically with exchange but i get the following message "Internal Server Error: Please contact your administrator" Likewise with touchdown I can manually force it to sync but it cannot do it automatically.

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement

2. mcapozzi

mcapozzi Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Computer SuperGenius aka Systems Administrator
    Liverpool, NY
    MoxierMail works great for me, on the Moment the app is labeled "Work E-Mail".

I heard the default mail app won't connect to Exchange.

Even allows me to connect without pushing the stupid mobile device security configuration on me.

-Mike

3. chibucks

chibucks Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    +1 - we have an exchange server and setting up with moxier was pretty easy - plus, it allows you to push during work hours and then poll every x hours during non-work hours. i currently have it set to manually sync since there isn't anything that's that urgent right now at work. ;) hehe...

edit to add: the push actually got to my phone faster than it got to my cpu at work...

4. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Operations Manager
    Rochester, NY
    Just checked out Moxier...it's $25??

I'm looking to set up and Exchange email for work on my 2.1 Eris, and I can't seem to make it work on the stock mail app either.

5. satinkzo

satinkzo Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Moxier is included with the moment, so it's a very viable option for Moment owners.

6. wodin

wodin Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    IT Project Manager
    Sandwich Isles
    Quite right! And even if it's not included with 2.1, it would be well worth the twenty five bucks for me.