• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem Syncing Note to iTunes

jflader59

Lurker
Mar 4, 2012
I just got my Samsung Note about two weeks ago, and it is my first android phone. My previous phone was the iPhone 3Gs, and I really loved the convenience and ease of syncing my iTunes to my phone with ease.

Over the last couple weeks I've had a hard time finding an app/program that really works well. I've tried TuneSync and Doubletwist, but both are extremely slow and don't offer the convenience of syncing my podcasts from my iTunes account.

I've heard good things about Salling Media Sync, but i've had no success with it. From everything that i've seen you just allow the connect your phone to the computer by opening USB mass storage and it will connect your device to the program. I try connecting my phone, but nothing happens.

Can someone PLEASE help me out with this?

I second doubletwist however there is an issue with the note.

If you have an external sd card it shows as 2 devices and will sync to the phone and sd card. The quick fix i figured out was before you sync eject the internal card and you will only see one device and it works great. Emailed support and they said it is a known error and will be fixing it in the next update

Reactions: wutwutman
Upvote 0
I'll try isyncr. Doubletwist was a terrible experience, it took upwards of 2 hours and didn't even sync 10 gigs. Tunesync was a similar experience. I'm pretty surprised that there hasn't been a app/program that does a simple and quick iTunes sync, the android market is pretty open and there are more hackers today than there have ever been, and i'm using "hacker" pretty loosely.

Upvote 0
I am a six-month Galaxy Note user. According my experience, i think the iTunes Agent app is faster than the TuneSync and Doubletwist. Here is how it works: (by the way, the iTunes Agent is a totally free application).

1. Install and run this app on your PC.
2. Plug your Galaxy Note to your computer via its USB cable.
3. Move your cursor to the iTunes Agent icon located in the right-hand corner of your PC's screen, and right-click it, then click the Preferences option.
4. Select a folder location for this app through clicking New -> Synchronize Pattern -> iTunes -> Music location on device. (by the way, if you want to sync the protected items using the iTunes Agent, you can check this tutorial to turn them to open file format).
5. Click the "Associate with Playlist" drop-down menu. Click the playlist you wish to sync to the Android phone.
6. Hit "Save" and the iTunes Agent will sync your selected itmes to Galaxy Note quickly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones