Problem Syncing videos-Sprint HTC Hero

Last Updated:

1. bennyn36

bennyn36 New Member This Topic's Starter

I downloaded a movie via a torrent then converted it to MP4 format via Videora. The transfer from my computer to the HTC Hero looked good. However, when i go to "music" on my phone, I don't see the movie there. I only see audio files. Is there something I'm doing wrong? As a side note, when i check the properties of this video on my PC, it says Opens with: "Unknown Application." Could this be the problem?
    Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. mobilemike01

mobilemike01 Well-Known Member

Look under "Albums" not music. If you still dont see it, convert the video with DoubleTwist instead. It works much better than anything else I ahve used.

3. BoomCackle

BoomCackle Member

Maybe there's something that I don't know about, but why would you look for a movie in Music?

So you converted the movie with Videora. Did you check the file after you converted to make sure it works?

What folder did you transfer it to for your phone?

What app are you using to play the video?

4. djspock3030

djspock3030 Member

Glad i found the right place, i have been doing some in-depth research for this exact issue. As far as i can see does this device even have a built in media player for movies? The music one does not play videos.

If you record a video with the Video Camera on the phone the format is .3gp this is the "defacto standard" of mobile media video. 3GP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As far as i can tell possibly all video .avi, .mpeg .mov possibly have to be converted to this format?

Anybody have the ups and downs on this? I downloaded Antropia myself for a media player because i could not find a built in one.

========================================================
    Ok i guess techincally the camera (same place as pictures) you can push play on a video. But it does not offer fast fwd, rwd, pause etc.
    ========================================================