• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem Syncing with Outlook

insidenyc

Apr 23, 2010
I am having a NEW problem syncing with MSOutlook. I have had the Eris for 7 or 8 months and have always been able to sync. I now get a sync "fail message."

I tried re-downloading the tool to my PC from the HTC website and that still did not work.

I assume that I can do a factory reset, but that is not my desire.

Anybody else having problem or have solutions?

I've had that happen a couple of times. Usually a reboot of the phone & PC fixes things. If not, try deleting the sync relationship between the phone & PC by:
  • Go to Settings, Applications, Manage Applications
  • Delete the data in Calendar Storage and Contact Storage
  • Delete the data in PC Sync
  • Reboot the phone
  • Open HTC Sync on the PC and go to Tools, Phone Monitor Options, and delete your phone.
  • When you switch to HTC Sync on your phone you'll be prompted on your PC to add your phone
Hopefully this will work for you

Upvote 0
Well right after I typed up the instructions I decided to sync my phone. I also received a "fail" but I think it was because of a bad USB cable. I had been using the same cable for about a month and noticed that I had more and more problems with the phone suddenly unmounting itself. Switched over to my stock one and I'm amazed at how much faster and more stable everything is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones