Problem textingSupport

Last Updated:

1. Tporter

Tporter New Member This Topic's Starter

This is probably a dumb question but i am new to smartphones. I recently purchased and activated my Moment with sprint and i seem to be having problems recieving texts. is there a quick fix for this or some setting i have wrong? Or is it all sprint service side?

Advertisement
  2. pdx77

pdx77 Well-Known Member

Did you install any 3rd party sms applications, like chompsms? Other then that if you aren't receiving text messages, you can try resetting your profile and if that doesn't work I would call Sprint.

3. Tporter

Tporter New Member This Topic's Starter

i installed handcent sms

4. hake0305

hake0305 Well-Known Member

I'm from the Hero forum, but dropped by to see if Moment users were having this issue as well.

I too have issues intermittantly receiving text messages. This week, both Monday and Tuesday I did not receive any until I finally figured it out. This is about the 4th time this same thing has happened to me in the past 4 months. Usually a hard reset or battery pull will do the trick. Yesterday that did not work for me and I instead updated my profile and PRL. Settings>About Phone>System Updates

It seems that many other Sprint Hero users are experiencing this and there is no fix in place, nor is Sprint or HTC giving any info on whether 2.1 will correct this issue. If you get any answers... please post them! I was going to trade my Hero for a Moment, but it seems like this same issue is affecting you guys too.