1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Problem transfering/playing MP3sSupport

1. clickit

clickit Member

I have a Samsung Intercept for about two months now. I used to put MP3's and played them with the included music player. All of a sudden, when I transfered some MP3's the system gave me the "sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file" so I tried other MP3's that were there from before, and it told me the same thing. It seems that at random some files are corrupt, because I mounted the pone through USB and I tried to play the files by clicking on them from the Pc and it gave me an error from Windows media player saying something like: "the file you are trying to play does not correspond to the extension" or something like that.
    I got another MP3 and played in windows media player, and made sure it plays, and transferred it to the Intercept, and I go the same error. Sometimes it does not give me the error, but it jumps to another file at random without a warning when it starts to play. I have deleted the MP3's and uploaded them again, and some work but most of them don't, even though they used to play a couple of weeks ago. I have tried about 5 different players that I downloaded, but they all sort of give the same error. I uninstalled them and I'm back to the original music player. I converted some of the MP3's to WMA's and NO PROBLEM!!! they all play well. I really do NOT want to convert a ...load of songs. If someone has stumbled upon with this, I would appreciate the help.:confused:
    Firmware: 2.1-update1
    Kernel: 2.6.29
    Hardware: M910.05

Advertisement
    :
  2. Billkwando

Billkwando Well-Known Member

Have you tried downloading an mp3 through the browser? Here's a fun one for ya:
    Stamps (radio) | ching chong song

Maybe try copying everything off your SD card and reformatting it?
  3. clickit

clickit Member

Yes I did reformat. Here is a more detailed story: I originally got the Intercept with the original SD 2gigs. I downloaded some pictures and music, both MP3 and WMA. Played fine. I got a 16gig SD and copied the 2gig to it, without the Phone!! It seemed to have worked, but when I tried to use the camera, It started to mess up. The pictures had odd names like (@&*#^(@@))@(*@& and stuff like that. I could not open them and the phone got really really slow. I removed the SD card and when I tried to look at the contents connected to the PC it said that the card was not formatted or something like that. I inserted it back to the phone and formatted it. I copied the music back to it. It worked ok. My friend sold me a 32gig card so I inserted it, formatted it and then copied the music. like I said before in my first post it worked ok, but then suddenly I can't play most of the MP3s.:(
  4. Billkwando

Billkwando Well-Known Member

Sounds like you need to format the card, put it back in the phone, and mount the card and copy to the phone that way.
  5. clickit

clickit Member