Problem Underclocking

Last Updated:

1. HXC

HXC Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Trying to underclock with setcpu and overclock wideget and both say after i underclock to 245mhz Max and min they revert back to standard 998max and 245min

Advertisement
  2. wrapkgb

wrapkgb Well-Known Member

Well I suggest you read up on how to use setcpu.
    http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/210253-setcpu-guide.html

I'm guessing you want to underclock when the screen goes off, in order to do that you need to create a profile for when the screen is off and select the settings you want.

3. Matlock

Matlock Well-Known Member

Underclock Widget dosn't work if you are using a Sense UI ROM (not sure if your Signature is up to date, which is why I say this). It has no way to disable the Perflock. Which prevents any changes to the CPU speeds.

SetCPU on the other hand has an option to disable the Perflock. Which can be used to Overclock and Underclock.

Head on over to http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/194918-rooting-dummies-extras.html and under ROOT-ONLY APPs, is how to set up your SetCPU application. Nothing fancy.

4. HXC

I tried and it said error:Misc Is your kernel incompatible?

5. Matlock

Matlock Well-Known Member

Awesome, then you are not running a SENSE based ROM. Basically, when you open SetCPU, you have a few numbers on the screen like 245 MHz, as an example.

The bars in the middle.. The top represents the MAX speed. And the bottom the MINIMUM speed. Don't move the MAX bar completely to the left, even with the bottom bar. Can cause conflicts.

Anyway an example of a good setting would be.

MAX: 384 MIN: 240

This will give you a better deal battery savings. Including your personal setting on the device of course.

Under the Profiles Tab..

Make sure ENABLE is checked..
    Click on ADD PROFILE..

CONDITION: Screen Off
    MAX: 245
    MIN: 245
    Scaling: ondemand
    Priority: 100 (HIGH)
    SAVE..

This will make your device run as the lowest CPU setting possible while your screen is off. Saving loads of battery life.

Also, say you want to play a game and it runs sluggish.. Change your main settings to MAX and MIN: 11360. This will help use more power while you play the game. It will be SMOOTH AS BUTTA! Change the settings back to your preference when your done.

Hope this helps ya out.

6. HXC

Im running OMJ 2.2 rite now,

7. pinoy724

pinoy724 Well-Known Member

I switch between Myn's2.2 and CM6.1, both over and underclocked and getting 20-25hrs of batt life.

Here is my set up:

Myn's 2.2 w/Kings#11
    Charging/Full - Max-1.19ghz, Min-998mhz, on performance, priority 50
    Screen Off- Max-384mhz, Min-245-mhz, on conservative, priority 80

CM6.1 RLS1 w/snapturbo 7.6
    Same setup as above.

8. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

HXC send me a link to where you got OMJ...the kernel may not be compatible or may need to be reflashed. I had this issue once after a fresh flash of a kernel and had to re flash it. also had the issue with a kernel that would not allow over/under clock

9. Maluko

Maluko Active Member

Gonna give your set up a shot. Was running kernel #10 but couldnt get my setCPU to work. Kept giving me errors. Even after reflash