problem updating radio

Last Updated:

1. welbinator

welbinator Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 1, 2010
    ok, so I put the PB31IMG file on my sdcard, and the dinc_ota. I changed dinc_ota to update. (I did not name the file I powered down, I entered bootloader, and it loaded the PB31IMG and whatever. then I hit volume down and selected recovery. this brought me to clockwork recovery. I noticed the isntructions said to boot into STOCK recovery. well, I like a dummy ignored that and tried to apply the thru clockwork. This is what I got:

ClockworkMod Recover v2.0.1.3

--Install From sdcard...
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Installing update...
    assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop". "") == "verizon/inc/inc/inc:2.1-update1/ERE27/161494:user/release-keys" l l file_getprop("/system/build.prop".") == "Verizon_wwe/inc/inc/inc:2.1-update1/ERE27/203589:user/relase-keys" E:Error in /sdcard/
    Installation aborted.

so, is this because I tried doing it through clockwork recovery? is it because I didn't apply the first OTA update we got? what does that mean exactly anyways? is it saying I need to install the leaked froyo ROM, and then update the radio? How do I boot into stock recovery and not clockworks recovery? does this count as applying the once, meening if I do it again I'll brick my phone? should I sell this thing and get a samsung flip phone because I'm too stupid to own a Dinc?

thanks for your help!

2. CombatTalon2

CombatTalon2 Member

May 29, 2010
    You should have been back to stock/unrooted device after you ran the PB31IMG file. Reboot phone and make sure your phone has the original OTA (the very first one that came out right after the phone released....see below...) Then you have to enter stock recovery and apply to change the radio.

"Verizon has already pushed out its first OTA update for the HTC Incredible. This updates the phone to build 494 and software version 605.2."
  3. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

May 2, 2010
    Get rid of the for now and leave the PB31 file on the card. Power down phone. Then press power button + volume down to enter bootloader screen. PB31 file should be autodetected and prompt for install.

Once you get successfully unrooted, you can upgrade the radio by adding the back to the card and removing the PB31 file.