• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help problem using Comcast email

I have my Comcast account set up on the LG Optimus V. I have no problem receiving mail. I cannot send mail. I am using the following outgoing settings

SMTP Server smtp.comcast.net

Port 587

Security type none

Require sign in yes

Username XXX@comcast.net

Password XXXXXXXX

Then it does a check and goes to the eamil settings and returns to the email; settings screen. I go to folders outbox and "end outgoing messages"

It says sending messages then " connection error ". Anyone have any ideas.

Hello...

Okay, I just set up a Comcast account on my Optimus V, and K-9 mail for an e-mail client.

My Optimus V is not rooted and has always had the stock ROM / Kernel in place.

My Optimus V is currently on WiFi, to my Comcast Internet connection. It works- send and receive.

Then I turned off WiFi and relied on Virigin/Sprint 3G. It works this way too- send and received. Did not know it could do that not being on the Comcast network...Learn something new every day.

Reviewing my outgoing settings in the K-9 mail email client I use

SMTP server: smtp.comcast.net

Security type: none

Port: 587

Require sign in: yes

Authentication type: plain

username: zzzzz@comcast.net
password: zzzzzyyyyzzzz

Hope this helps is some way :)

Reactions: gvernau
Upvote 0
@ adam97202 - Thanks. I just got out of the dial up world 6 months ago, so I'm still learning. Could not access my mail remotely back then. Broadband is good!

@ gvernau - I bet you would have reviewed your setting and figured out out on your own :)

@ valleygreen - Did you find a working solution for sending mail yet? I'm not sure what else I can offer on this but let me/us know.

Upvote 0
PEOPLE OF COMCAST WORLD! I have your solution!! A week or so ago I stopped receiving email and could not send email..... hmmmm.... what's happened... Comcast unannounced to their customers have NEW password credentials! They require your password to have a number AND a capital letter!!!! Use a browser to change your password with these new requirements and then setup your mail account on your incredible again with the default settings that the Incredible gives you and you're in!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones