Problem viewing MMS messagesSupport

1. delphis

delphis Member

Hi, I'm new to both smartphones and Android. My friend has a Nokia 6750 Mural and he sent me an MMS message. The picture was taken by his phone and was a simple JPEG. When I got the message I get a button to view as slideshow, but when I press it I get an error message stating "Unsupported media type". I can save the picture and view it from my album. I've tried using Handcent, but all I get is a blank message and when I press on it I get a blank screen for several seconds. When I send him a picture, he has exact same problem I have, but not so when I send with my old Samsung.

I used my previous phone, a Samsung Impression, to send the same photo to my wife, who also has an Aria, and there was no problem at all. I tried calling HTC support, but other than telling me that a few other people have had this problem, they weren't much help.

Has anybody else had this issue? Is it just with Nokia generally or with just specific phones? I really like the phone, but my wife is less than thrilled due to this issue.

Advertisement
  2. jdubl

jdubl New Member

Exact same problem. My mom has a Mural, and i have an Aria. The last picture i recieved from her through text was on Sept. 19, and today on Sept. 23 she sent me three different pictures through text and none of them were a "supported file type". No idea whats happened as i know i haven't changed any settings and i'm pretty sure my mom is incapable of changing anything, and would be scared to do so from fear of of screwing something up. She won't even copy/save pics off facebook and whatnot because she thinks she'll mess her computer up somehow. Pretty frustrating that i can't recieve pictures of my daughter who's staying with my parents for the weekend. Guess i'll have to go and get nowhere with ATT tomorrow.