1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Problem w/addressing SMS - contact list

Last Updated:

1. sonicmoon

sonicmoon New Member This Topic's Starter

I recently got the G1 and used my Gmail account online (via computer) to setup my contact list and then sync it to my G1. Now when I compose an SMS message, and begin typing the name of the person in my contact list, only some of the names that match will appear in the drop down auto-complete list.. but others that match don't show up at all. To compose SMS to them I have to use the Contacts>Scroll to contact>Select txt to mobile method.
    Any ideas why some of the contacts do not show up in the auto-complete list when composing an SMS and typing in a partial name in the To field?

Advertisement
  2. Smhemi

Smhemi Member

The contacts that dont show up ,you probably have them set up as home.Go into the edit field of the contact that does not show up and switch it to mobile cause you cant message a home line;)

3. sonicmoon

sonicmoon New Member This Topic's Starter

Yea, I figured this out about 20 minutes after I posted the Q. Strange though, because some of the contacts I had listed with 'mobile' numbers yet when I logged into Gmail and checked the contacts there they were listed with 'home' numbers. I changed them to 'mobile' online, then resync'd via my G1. Tested SMS composing and all is good now.
    Thanks for your reply!

4. klebber

klebber New Member

Hi,
    there is a way to not show contacts without a number in SMS Contact List?
    Thaks.