1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Problem w/ buying beautiful widgets from marketplace

Last Updated:

1. cyn

cyn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I didn't realize that my bank would not process Euros, so the first order got cancelled. Then I purchased a Visa debit from Walmart, I didn't realize that I would have to wait until the permanent card came in the mail....it took 9 days to get here. So the order was cancelled the second time......supposedly.

I get the permanent Visa Saturday, and still can't get Beautiful Widgets, frankly, I don't think Google got it cancelled properly as when I select the app on marketplace, I do not get the "buy" option/button, but it goes straight to "authorize payment" and it doesn't use the updated info. I know the cc will work as I purchased something else prior that was out of country.

Google REALLY isn't much help, when I ask for help they keep sending "cookie cutter" replies which do not relate to the issue....I'm starting to understand road rage....:O(

There's no way to purchase online instead of using phone, is there? Any solution you all know of besides forget Beautiful Widgets? Thanks, Cyn

Advertisement
  2. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

Wow. I just tried to purchase the app just to see if it would go through. I used my bank card on file with the apps store and had no problem. So sorry you had such a time with it. It is such a lovely app too. I wish I knew how to help you but I am no techie. I thought all banks processed foreign currency transactions. I work for a bank and there is a department that is just for that. Is your bank really small? It should have been able to handle the exchange rate.

3. cyn

Well, it's a local bank, not like BOA, I guess there's been a LOT of fraud w/ Euro charges, and so they blocked them.

PayPal should have been a feature in the beginning for Google Market Place, as they've hurt the out of country merchants and wonderful developers and caused no end of frustration for some of us.

Levelup had been emailing all along, there was nothing he could do on his end, but today he suggested for me to clear the Marketplace app's cache, no difference. I posted on another thread asking what would happen if I deleted marketplace's data, and I soon learned not a thing....so that's what I did and it worked!!!!!! Yeahhhhhhh!

4. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

Woo Hoo! So you got it? I love those clouds going by on my home screen. I use the "water" live wallpaper as it is so serene and then beautiful home weather on top of it with the "naked" background is so nice.

I work for a rather large regional bank. We actually cover 17 states now so maybe that makes a difference with the foreign currency situation.

5. wadergirl

wadergirl Member

Sorry to revive the dead horse... but I'm having this same problem.

Been on the phone with my bank all morning, and they say there is nothing they can do to authorize the charge. I tried 3 times on my phone and it keeps saying payment declined. I logged on the the Android Market on my computer (via Chrome). I tried purchasing it there and so now the app (both in the Market and on my phone) says "Purchased", but the email I got from Google says "cancelled", and I still cant download the stupid program.

6. cyn

quite a few banks will not accept orders in euros (€)
    w/ a debit, apparently due to a high rate of fraud w/ that currency. I think most credit cards don't have a problem....so you have to get a prepaid. I got one from walmart but had to wait until the permanent one came in the mail

7. reinbeau

reinbeau Klaatu barada nikto VIP Member

Interesting...I had no problem purchasing Beautiful Widgets with my Mastercard branded debit card.

8. cyn

My bank isn't a big chain such as BOA.....mine's a MC debit also and acts like a regular MC online as long as the balance is there. If MarketPlace would instill paypal we wouldn't have this trouble and deserving developers wouldn't be losing money to other compitors

9. reinbeau

reinbeau Klaatu barada nikto VIP Member

My 'bank' isn't a bank at all, it's a very small credit union.
    Agree 100%.