problem w/ "new" Market

1. bleedGreen

bleedGreen Well-Known Member

Anyone having problems w/ the new market?
    -a LONG lag time to "boot-up"
    -i have LP-w/ the new market it wants to go back to the home screen a loop to reset back to home screen 2 or 3 times
    -FC's alot

Any one else having issues. I am thinking perhaps the old market would run better. I am unRooted....still. Could it be that the D1 can't "handle" the new market?

-not sure

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I've been running the 'new' market for a while, on LFY, and am now running the new 'new' market on CM7 Nightlies. DROID can run them just fine.

How many apps you have installed, how much free app space you got, how is your services looking, and do you have an inordinately large amount of SMS saved?

You might could try making a backup with Titanium backup of all your apps, then you might investigate which app is using a lot of space - anything over 15 MB is large. If it is the Market itself using all that space, you might look at clearing out the cache and seeing if hat helps - but since you are unrooted, not sure if there is a way you can backup your current ROM before you do this, which might be preferable, since clearing that cache may actually remove all links to all the apps you have installed.

Check apps like GMail and Email also - any of those using a lot of space will cause the the phone to do all sorts of weird things when they use up all the available memory.

Post back on your findings re: space usage before you decide to wipe anything.
    bleedGreen likes this.
  3. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

Stock OGD1 and it's running the Market just fine.
    bleedGreen likes this.