• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem w/ sending SMS to group contacts

rhodiggah

Nov 3, 2009
When i send a message via SMS to a group I've set up, some get it as an e-mail, and some as SMS. How do I edit it so that I am only using one service (SMS) Any ideas????? I tried to figure out how to change the primary contact but got nowhere. Thanks

P.S. I did a search and found nothing. The closest thread I found was at the HTC Desire forum and they didn't have any solutions...

Also I just want to add that I am running 2.1update1 from 1.5 and I never had this problem before...

Thanks for your reply. I didn't get a chance to have a proper look for a fix yesterday but I did find what the issue is.

Basically I've set up some groups in Google Mail which I often want to send a group SMS to. Before 2.1 this wasn't a problem but since upgrading I now find that when I try to send to all the contacts in the group it changes from SMS to MMS. It appears that Facebook sync is overwriting the primary contact method from mobile phone to email address of some group members so when I add the group as the recipient, it's entering an email address instead of their mobile phone and as a result changing the message to MMS.

I've removed the syncing of people and it now works however I still would like to have that ability. I'm going to have to do some testing to see if I can fix it so will keep you posted.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones