• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with 3G Connection??

scudder

Android Expert
May 21, 2010
State of Confusion (FL too)
Hello...

I am having intermittent and ANNOYING issues with my EVO. For some reason, my phone has had trouble connecting to 3G. For example, I attempt to use my browser or check my mail or download an MMS message...all thing that require a 3G (or wifi but that is not the issue) connection and I get the following error messages:

With my Mail app...
Unable to connect
You need a network connection to use this application. Please turn on mobile network or Wi-Fi in Settings.

With my browser...
No Network Connection
Browser cannot load this page because there is no internet connection

My Mobile Network is ON (ALWAYS on) and I am not concerned with (nor do I have available when this happens) wi-fi.

Any thoughts??

THANK YOU!!

Scott

Wow... I am having the same issue and when I read the thread about turning the airplan mode off and back on I thought that was the craziest thing I've heard. But desperate as I was I did it and voila'... I'm up and running again. Now if anyone can explain to me why my email won't archive, that would be great! They show up, I open them, read them but when I exit my mail acct, they disapear and are no where. Sprint has been no help.... anyone?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones