Problem with 3G Connection??Support

Last Updated:

1. scudder

scudder Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello...

I am having intermittent and ANNOYING issues with my EVO. For some reason, my phone has had trouble connecting to 3G. For example, I attempt to use my browser or check my mail or download an MMS message...all thing that require a 3G (or wifi but that is not the issue) connection and I get the following error messages:

With my Mail app...
    Unable to connect
    You need a network connection to use this application. Please turn on mobile network or Wi-Fi in Settings.

With my browser...
    No Network Connection
    Browser cannot load this page because there is no internet connection

My Mobile Network is ON (ALWAYS on) and I am not concerned with (nor do I have available when this happens) wi-fi.

Any thoughts??

THANK YOU!!

Scott

Advertisement
  2. dmcduck

dmcduck Well-Known Member

It sounds like you may have a faulty radio in your device. Take it to a service center and have them test it.

3. Lord_Kaizer

Lord_Kaizer Member

Yeah i sometimes have that issue,but i normally turn on airplane mode and then off & that usually fix the 3G problem that i be having

4. scudder

scudder Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the suggestion...is there any reason to "update the profile" or PRL or any of those updates?? I remember with my centro that sometimes the "vision services" needed to be updated with a ##4282# or some code like that.

Will make my way over to a service center though...thank you.

Scott

5. Chrissycan

Chrissycan New Member

Wow... I am having the same issue and when I read the thread about turning the airplan mode off and back on I thought that was the craziest thing I've heard. But desperate as I was I did it and voila'... I'm up and running again. Now if anyone can explain to me why my email won't archive, that would be great! They show up, I open them, read them but when I exit my mail acct, they disapear and are no where. Sprint has been no help.... anyone?