Problem with "Add (+)" button

Last Updated:

1. KJAM

KJAM Member This Topic's Starter

When I am on the home screen and I push the menu button, the "Add" button is not active, but all of the other buttons are (search, notifications, wallpaper, settings). The "Add" button is not bold like the other buttons, it is kind of grayed out like it is not active. I think this button allows you to add things like widgets and folders.

Does anybody know if there is a way to activate this button or is there a problem with my Droid?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. x0SiN0x

x0SiN0x Active Member

I hadnt noticed this till now :p mine is inactive as well

3. KJAM

x0SiN0x...I actually just figured it out, I should have waited five more minutes before posting!

On the home screen, if you swipe to the left or right to one of the alternate home screens then push the menu button, the "Add" button is active, so you can add all that stuff to those screens and move it around from there.

4. x0SiN0x

x0SiN0x Active Member

interesting, seems to open the same window as holding down on the screen for a few seconds. keep learning new things with this thing!

thanks for following up with your findings

5. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

Sounds like maybe you filled up the home screen so nothing else can be added? You can minimize that if you want by creating folders. I created a folder called "shortcuts" and put all of the desktop icons into it. It takes an extra click to access them but I don't mind since I would rather not clutter up the screen. I have another folder for "speed dial" icons. That way I can have more on the main screen.

6. KJAM

Adding folders are a great idea, thanks!.

Yeah, I think because I filled up my main home screen, the "Add" button was disabled because I had no room left to add anything.

7. SnowWolf75

SnowWolf75 Member

I added a folder when testing things out, but how do you name it?

8. DR0ID

DR0ID Well-Known Member

open the folder...hold onto the name of the folder at the top of the box...should get a popup that says rename folder