problem with alarm clockSupport

Last Updated:

1. Jogi

Jogi Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my captivate about a week ago and have been having issues with my alarm clock. I set my alarm to wake me up every morning. Some mornings I am up before the alarm goes off so I turn it off, or atleast I think I turn it off. When the alarm is on I see the clock in the notification bar. So when I wake up I click the clock icon and turn off the alarm. I no longer see the icon on the notification bar but the alarm seems to go off anyway. The repeat for the alarm is set at "once". I just go in every night and turn it on. It just seems to go off anyway even when it is turned off earlier in the morning. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

3. iffrett

iffrett Well-Known Member

I'm having another problem regarding my alarm clock. I have set my alarm but sometimes it sounds, sometimes it doesnt. What I do notice is that on days were it doesn't sound, the screen is lit up to the locked screen. Anybody else having the same problem?

4. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

I use Alarm Clock Plus and never had this issue. (I didn't like the stock alarm, so found a substitute right away :)

5. chudtrooper

chudtrooper New Member

I've been having this exact same problem, I didn't notice it until I installed Firefox Mobile (beta). I don't think it's the cause but more coincidence. i could be wrong though, I haven't tested it to find out.

I'm not opposed to a third party app but what gets me is that's a basic function of a phone, so I'm surprised it has problems. I've been looking around and it seems that it's an Android 2.1 problem, not a captivate problem. Any input or solutions?

6. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

I had some quirky issues with GO Launcher, which went away when I uninstalled GO Launcher.

So, if you have GO Launcher installed, could be that's the culprit. More's the pity, as I liked GO Launcher, up until I had the unacceptable issues.

7. iffrett

iffrett Well-Known Member

the problem seems to be happening less frequently but I never had GO launcher to begin with