Problem with "&" and spacingSupport

Last Updated:

1. jjzunc

jjzunc New Member This Topic's Starter

Just got my Pro and noticed that whenever I insert the "&" from the keyboard, it automatically backspaces and takes out the space between it and the word before it. At first I thought it was user error but it happens every time. Is very annoying to have to go back and add a space. Anyone else having this issue? Solutions?

Advertisement
  2. cap10mark

cap10mark Well-Known Member

This happens on my X and I was wondering the same thing. LOL Thanks for asking!

3. paul.r

paul.r Member

It's not just the & symbol, but really any of the special characters that I've tested (other than the numbers).

4. ScoutValentine

ScoutValentine New Member

Oh my gosh - I'm having the same issue and it's annoying the heck out of me! Seems that it happens only with ~, @ and & for me but then again those are the symbols I use most. Please help find a solution or settings fix - I've looked and can't seem to determine if there is an "off switch" for this type of auto-correction :(

5. kjjb0204

kjjb0204 Well-Known Member

It's a bug. Another user on another forum suggested installing SwiftKey and making it the default. It works great and gets rid of that annoying bug. I had already purchased the app for my previous phone, so I installed without issue.

ScoutValentine likes this.
  6. epj3

epj3 Member

It sure is an annoyance!

7. frankbonatelli

frankbonatelli Well-Known Member

Has any one tried installing any other market app keyboard map? I have used iTapp and all these issues have disappeared. I suspect its an error in the default keyboard map.

8. ScoutValentine

ScoutValentine New Member

Thank you so much for this suggestion - took care of the "annoying" issue! :)

9. kjjb0204

kjjb0204 Well-Known Member

Just an update. I found that swiftkey disabled the voice button, and swiftkey voice actions don't work. I installed vlingo and it works perfectly. Now I can hit the Mic and opens vlingo voice, which I think is much better than google voice actions anyhow. And its free.