• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with automatic weather downloads

westbros

Android Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2010
Really strange one this one. I'm a bit of a weather junkie...sad, I know. :eek: My problem is that the weather widget and the HTC clock/weather widget refuse to update automatically. On one of my homescreens I have the full weather widget and went into the settings for that and checked for automatic downloads with an update frequency of 3 hrs (just to see how it works to begin with).

This morning I switched my phone off airplane mode (which I use overnight) and the weather did not sync until I did it manually. I wondered first if it had to do with airplane mode.

But now I've done a test. I've gone back into the settings, re-checked automatic downloads, gone out to the widget and then BACK to the settings. To my surprise I now find automatic downloads UNCHECKED, when I've checked it only 10 seconds before. I've repeated this test a couple of times and the same happens each time. It refuses to keep automatic downloads checked. :mad:

I would add that I don't have GPS switched on, because I don't want to bleed my battery's power. Is this the problem? Thanks for any tips. BTW, I have 2.2.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones