Problem with Barnacle & rooted droid

Last Updated:

1. andrewkl

andrewkl Member This Topic's Starter

I rooted my droid a while back using easy root, and then installed barnacle. All was working fine for wifi tethering through the droid until recently. Now, when I launch barnacle, I receive a message advising that barnacle requires su to access the hardware. I am assuming 'su' is super user? Is there a step that I am missing? I've tethered previously with no issues...

Advertisement
  2. rlmagidson

rlmagidson New Member

Hi - I'm getting the same problem, and it started recently. I've rooted my moto droid with gingerbreak and have been running Barnacle for a nice few months with no problem. Now when I try to start Barnacle, it immediately gives me the message that "Barnacle requires 'su' to access the hardware..." and just about the same moment that that message comes up I can see another message behind that says "Barnacle Wifi Tether has been granted Superuser Permissions." It's as if Barnacle just needs to wait for another second in order to get access.
    Has anyone gotten past this? Is it due to the recent upgrade of the phone firmware?
    Many thanks in advance...

3. teddyearp

teddyearp Well-Known Member

If you allowed the latest OTA update to install, then it will have broken root on your phone. Re-root the phone.

good luck