• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help problem with Bluetooth connection with car following Galaxy Note upgrade

My Note will connect to my Nokia headset via Bluetooth, but I get a 'unfortunately, the process com.phone.Android has stopped' or something similar whenever I try to make a phone call.
However, if the Note is not in car mode, ie I haven't pushed the bottom of the official dock in to the Note's USB socket, it works fine.
So I can only make calls while driving if the Note isn't in car mode.
Slightly annoying, but I don't use speech control anyway so just hoping a fix comes as the software is sorted.

Upvote 0
Hi
Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with their Bluetooth not automatically connecting the phone to the car following the recent upgrade??
I've got a galaxy Note.

Hope someone can help with any suggestions....

Thanks guys :0)
I have a Galaxy Note too with ICS 4.0.3. Since the ICS upgrade, I have to manually connect my phone to my Smart ForTwo head unit, whereas before it would connect automatically. Very frustrating.

If anyone has found a fix please let us know about it. Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi

I had the same problem when I upgraded my Note to ICS. My Pioneer car system would just not route the calls as I could initially do with GB.

I went into the connection settings on the car deck, deleted the device Galaxy Note and re-connected it after entering the passkey.
And guess what?
It works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just like before.

Please try and reply

Upvote 0
Hi

I had the same problem when I upgraded my Note to ICS. My Pioneer car system would just not route the calls as I could initially do with GB.

I went into the connection settings on the car deck, deleted the device Galaxy Note and re-connected it after entering the passkey.
And guess what?
It works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just like before.

Please try and reply

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones