Problem with booting into recovery!

Last Updated:

1. ryanbump

ryanbump Member This Topic's Starter

So here is what is happening, I have been rooted for about 2 months now, and i have used many different roms and i have used both SPRecovery and Clockworkmod. Right now i am using BB 0.3 with Fabolous's X-Theme. When i went to try and Flash my phone with the newer BB 0.4 i couldnt get my phone to boot into recovery. It would just stay on the white motorola symbol! I rebooted my phone multiple times and flashed between clockwork and SPRecovery a few times. If yall have any idea how i can fix this i would be very appreciative!

Not being able to load any new roms is killing me! haha

EDIT: wow, ofcourse as soon as i post a thread about my problem, it decides to boot in recovery after like 30 tries.

Advertisement
  2. Titaniac

Titaniac Well-Known Member

You might want to consider Rom Manager (even the free version) so that you don't have to worry about this again. It gives you the option of booting straight into recovery for manual management.

Just a thought for ya...

3. ryanbump

ryanbump Member This Topic's Starter

i have rom manager. Thats how i was flashing back and forth between SPRecovery and Clockworkmod.

4. Titaniac

Titaniac Well-Known Member

Ah. Makes sense... I've always used RM and never had that happen. Glad to see that it worked out for you in the end...

5. Drewsky

Drewsky Member

This has happened to me Numerous times. i have found 2 solutions and if one doesnt cut it then the 2nd one always does. Open rom manager and Flash a new clockwork mod. Even if yours is the same version, just flash over it again. If that does not work, Delete Rom manager and reinstall it via Marketplace. Update again and it should boot right in. like i said i have had it bootloop plenty of times trying to get into recovery mode and one of these always fixes it

superdorf likes this.
  6. superdorf

superdorf Well-Known Member

I was just having the same issue... took the first option "flash a new clockwork mod" then it booted right into recovery mode...

Thanks Drewsky... and thanks for SEARCH!