• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Problem with camera since 2.1 ANY help would be appreciated.

dlads

Aug 5, 2010
London
Hi all, first post here.

I have a HTC Hero on orange and i love my phone, i have had it rooted since 1.5 around the time i got it about a year and a half ago.

Since then i have upped the rom to 2.1 with villain rom, modaco and rcmix (presently with rxmix, its a great rom)

The problem i have is that the camera since 2.1, reboots the phone randomly when it is opened, it does not reboot the phone when it is plugged in and it never rebooted whilst i was with 1.5 rooted or not.
The problem did not occur whilst i was using modaco's rom (2.1) without apps2sd.
I have tried several apps for camera usage and they all yield the same results.

Like i said i am using rcmix 1.0
Baseband version : 63.18.55.06PH_6.35.15.14
Kernel: 2.6.29-Opt-38-Cronos feeyo@Cronos #1
Build Number: 3.32.405.1 CL191507 release keys
Sotware Number: 3.32.405.1
Browser is Webkit 3.1
Class 2 sd card 4 gig ( although i have other friends who have higher classed cards with the same problem)

I have also heard from people on forums who are having this problem with the stock rom too.

ANY help would be beneficial as i know a lot of people who would be over the moon to hear about a fix for this.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones