1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

**Problem with Car mode feature"Support

1. azyardies

azyardies Member

Hi I have a Tmobile G2. I bought it several months ago used. It has been an overall good phone.

However, about a month ago, it started to randomly go into 'car mode' when I plug it into my home wall charger or car charger. When I am charging it, and in the middle of a text it will take me to the menu of car mode. Also, I think it 'stays' in car mode "invisibly" even when not charging because my battery is draining faster throughout the day.

I downloaded an app (dockno-op) to stop this from happening and so far it has helped some, but still it will sometimes show that it is in car mode with the icon on the notification bar. I've tried everything, even resetting it. If you know anyway to "deactivate" it or get rid of this completely (though I doubt I can uninstall this app), please let me know!
    Thanks in advance...

Advertisement
    :
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

If you have a preinstalled Car mode app on your phone you could go in its Settings and uncheck automatic start ...

Some HTC phones have the Car mode only as widget.

The reason for starting Car mode is because the phone "sees" a car dock.
    So have a close look at the phone's microUSB connector for dirt/fluff or a bend pin.
    (Car mode trigger = resistance between pins 4&5)

Harry
  3. posted an issue in this forum a few minutes ago. as of last night my phone randomly jumps in and out of car mode...