Problem with Clockwork ROM Manager

Last Updated:

1. the drizzle

the drizzle Member This Topic's Starter

I just rooted yesterday and I've been having some issues. Everytime I try to install a ROM with ROM Manager it seems to get stuck at the Moto logo. I never see the command line run or anything like that. It just boots to the moto logo once or twice then reboots the phone and the new ROMs aren't installing. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Advertisement
  2. anaphora68

anaphora68 Well-Known Member

This just happened to me, as well. You need to flash SPRecovery from ROM Manager, and then re-flash Clockworkmod recovery. For some reason, some of the updates break the recovery module. So, when you try to reboot, you'll get stuck at the M, and then booted back into your OS.

3. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

within rom manager scroll to the bottom and flash to sprecovery then flash back to CWrecovery. this fixes the issue 9 times outta 10

4. the drizzle

the drizzle Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks guys, I'll try it now.

5. clos1084

clos1084 Well-Known Member

happened to me as well. I couldnt understand why my roms wouldnt load.

I didn't flash SP tho, I just reflashed clockwork

6. VeryApe

VeryApe Well-Known Member

I put Clockwork/ROM Manager on today just to see what all the "hype" is about and was experiencing the same thing. I think I prefer SPRecovery, it seems to be more stable.
    Maybe it's just me, or my ROM/kernel, who knows.

7. Ickselglic

Ickselglic Member

I agree. The concept behind the Rom manager is fantastic, and when it works, it's awesome! However, this issue is becoming fairly annoying and I think it needs to be addressed. Especially considering it is a paid app.

8. BlueIce5249

BlueIce5249 Well-Known Member

Yeah rom manager didnt work for me either. I just uninstalled it, it seems rather useless and i really dont understand all the hoopla around it.

9. ska.t73

ska.t73 Well-Known Member

All you have to do is flash an alternate recovery then re-flash clockwork... It really isn't that hard and it only happens if you flash a new version of clockwork...

10. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

i use rom manager to check on the developers updates. it gives me a one stop shop for roms, updates and goodies. is it necasarry? no but it makes life easier for some. i prefer CWrecovery to SPrecovery. the only time i use sprecovery is to load a nandroid rom but since most developers create zip format now i don't really need it. plus with CWrecovery i don't need to name the rom i want to flash update.zip. this allows me to have several roms and kernals on my SD with the ability to flash them at a moments notice without trying to remember which version rom the update.zip is.