• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Problem with Clockwork ROM Manager

I just rooted yesterday and I've been having some issues. Everytime I try to install a ROM with ROM Manager it seems to get stuck at the Moto logo. I never see the command line run or anything like that. It just boots to the moto logo once or twice then reboots the phone and the new ROMs aren't installing. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

i use rom manager to check on the developers updates. it gives me a one stop shop for roms, updates and goodies. is it necasarry? no but it makes life easier for some. i prefer CWrecovery to SPrecovery. the only time i use sprecovery is to load a nandroid rom but since most developers create zip format now i don't really need it. plus with CWrecovery i don't need to name the rom i want to flash update.zip. this allows me to have several roms and kernals on my SD with the ability to flash them at a moments notice without trying to remember which version rom the update.zip is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones