Problem with compose in K-9 mailSupport

Last Updated:

1. WarnerYoung

WarnerYoung Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Now that I'm FroYo'd, I'm finding an annoying bug in the HTC Mail app: any time I delete an email from the server, the mail app will delete that same email from the phone. Before 2.2, it didn't do this. And I can't find any setting that will prevent this from happening.

So I looked at K-9 Mail again. I'd previously checked it, but didn't like it because it had the same problem as the HTC Mail app does now. However, there's a setting to control that on K-9.

The problem I'm having now is, when I compose a new mail, the app doesn't seem to pull anything from my Contacts list when I type in a recipient name. Does anyone know if this is the default behavior or a bug? If it's default, is there a setting to change it? If I could just compose emails on K-9 with the same ease as the HTC app, I'd just switch completely.

Advertisement
  2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Hmmm...not sure what's going on there. I don't know of a setting that would affect this but as soon as I start typing a name in the "To" field, it drops down a box with a list of possible matches. The more of the name I type, the more it narrows down the list.

I'm using the stock keyboard are you? Could it be that you don't have prediction turned on? I wonder if that could be the cause. Long press the "To" field to see what input method you're using for K9 and try adjusting settings of that keyboard.

3. WarnerYoung

WarnerYoung Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

iowabowtech, thanks. How strange. I tried it several times yesterday, with both Swype and the default keyboard, and it didn't work. Now I just tried it again, and it works. Not sure what's going on. I just hope it doesn't happen again.

4. thoughttrans

thoughttrans Member

Any email I compose is having "failure to send". I'm using the Motorola Atrix K9