• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help problem with connecting to pc

when i connect my desire to my pc to mount it as a disk drive, it only connects in charge mode.

i have it set to connect as a disk drive, and to ask me how i'd like it to connect, but everytime it just goes straight to charging without giving me any options.

any idea what the problem could be?

edit: hmm ok i restarted the phone and it worked, hope i don't have to do this everytime i want to transfer files to my phone though

Yes, don't use the usb connection socket on the front side of the pc, use the socket on the back side of the pc.

Harry

The opposite was sort of true in my case Harry. I have a multi connection plug connected to the back of my pc which I usually plug in to, but usuing the usb on the front now works for me. I suppose being plugged directly to the pc made the difference :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones