Problem with contacts in messagingSupport

Last Updated:

1. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone,

I'm having a problem when I open messages, and try to write a new message. I put the cursor in the "To" box, and when I try to type in a name, available contacts don't pop up for everyone. For some people they do, for others they don't. I'm careful and know that I'm not misspelling names. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone have a possible solution?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

I use Yahoo IM, and it expects a phone # not a contact with just and email ... this may be why you see some contacts and not others ....

If you have a contact entry with a the person IM address in the form of

###########@tmomail.net or similiar for other carriers ... then you should be OK using those...

I just usally open messaging and go to a previous thread with that person and add the next message to it ... so there is no need for looking up contact info ....

3. ashykat

I don't use any IM's, all of my contacts are just phone numbers and/or e-mail addresses. There doesn't seem to be any common theme with the ones that work, which is why it's so confusing.

4. ashykat

Wow, I never would have thought of that! I went it and switched contacts to mobile and boom, worked great.

Thank you!