• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with DEFY camera

Hello, I have had the Moto DEFY less than a day now so bear with my ramblings here.
When I have taken a picture there is a huge line down half of the picture. What's bizarre is the line isn't there on there viewfinder screen before I take the photo.
Attached is one of the photos I snapped. They all come out like this, same line same place. I had initially thought maybe the camera lens was cracked or something but as I said already the line only appears after the picture is taken.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 2011-02-10_19-59-23_80.jpg
    2011-02-10_19-59-23_80.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 160
Hello, I have had the Moto DEFY less than a day now so bear with my ramblings here.
When I have taken a picture there is a huge line down half of the picture. What's bizarre is the line isn't there on there viewfinder screen before I take the photo.
Attached is one of the photos I snapped. They all come out like this, same line same place. I had initially thought maybe the camera lens was cracked or something but as I said already the line only appears after the picture is taken.

hi i think thts a fault with the actual digital lens.. similar to losing pixels on a pc screen.. take it back and get it swapped is best move... m

Reactions: nate_the_grape
Upvote 0
I am also facing the same issue. Could you please let me know how to resolve this issue?
Like the other guys said, take the phone back for an exchange. The guys at the shop I returned it to said it was a line of dead pixels just. Although they bombarded me with "did you drop it?" "are you sure you didnt drop it?" "you must have dropped it" before giving me the exchange.

Upvote 0
It can be done if your phone is rooted.

Mine isn't =[
I actually found an app which can do it unrooted though (Vignette demo), it just isn't the best camera in general. Or there are camera apps with timers or where you can touch anywhere on screen to take it. The problem is that they don't alter the default camera but are their own camera app ones and not very good. I can't believe the default android app doesn't have a timer though, unless I've missed it.

Upvote 0
Like the other guys said, take the phone back for an exchange. The guys at the shop I returned it to said it was a line of dead pixels just. Although they bombarded me with "did you drop it?" "are you sure you didnt drop it?" "you must have dropped it" before giving me the exchange.
even i to have the same problem with defy....i went to the service centre and he said it cannot be replaced but he can change the camera....last time when i had given my moto rocker to these fellows for some problem in keypad...the condition of the phone was not like as it was before,it was covered with dust on screen and parts were loosen.i sold it the next week ....i love this phone....please help me out what to do??itz been just a week i purchased this phone.....:( :(..im in INDIA

Upvote 0

im also facing with the same problem that you have, (and i thought i dropped the phone or something)..im gonna take it to the service center once the typhoon here in the p.i takes a step back.

i love my defy, and i still wont exchange it with just any other phone. i hope motorola would do something about this..

Upvote 0

btw, if you zoom in the cam and then shoot, the line disappears. but once you zoom out then the line can already be seen.

what happened? did the motorola guys replace your phone?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones