Problem with deleting SMS threadsSupport

Last Updated:

1. GodzillaSchlong

GodzillaSchlong New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys.

I broke off with a girl I have dated for some months and would like to delete all messages from her to get her out of my head and sight.

However, nothing happens when I press "menu" and then "delete thread".

I am suspecting this might have something to do with the length of the thread - it consists of nearly 1800 text messages so perhaps the phone just crashed due to the shear size.

Any ways round this? I'd rather not want to delete one and one single SMS.

Advertisement
  2. Jseven

Jseven Member

I had the same problem. Racked up about 1,500 messages with my current girlfriend in the past few days. I did everything I could to get rid of them. Even the HTC widget got stuck. It took me some trial and error to get it to finally come off. I don't know what finally got it to delete, but you can try the following.
    • Go into apps menu and clear the sms cache and force close
    • remove the HTC sms widget from your home screen
    • Delete some of the other messages in your sms app
    I would suggest restarting the phone after this as I did just to make sure everything is reset to 0...even though task killer programs are out there I just don't trust them enough like a good reset. I would also recommend restarting your phone at least once a day usually before you put it to charge for the night. Hope it helps.

*Would be great to not have to go through things like this, but I bet it is just a glitch. Has only happened to me this once in 2 months.

3. markie-m8

markie-m8 Well-Known Member

Blimey you guys must love the textual intercourse.

:)

4. skimminstones

skimminstones Well-Known Member

It just takes time when you have a lot of messages. I had 2000 or so in a thread. I just did menu, delete and left it over night. They were all gone when i woke up in the morning.

5. christar

christar New Member