Problem with digital clock widgetGeneral

Last Updated: 2012-12-13 23:30:52
  1. pcok

pcok Member

I've only had my X10 for two days but last night I noticed that the digital clock widget is not working properly. My phone will display the correct time on the locked screen and in the top right hand corner, but the big digital clock widget that comes preinstalled with the phone is displaying a completely different time, a few hours earlier.

I deleted the widget off of the home screen and added it again and it seemed to work fine at first but when I looked at my phone 10 mins later it was 5 mins behind already!

Has anyone else had this problem and know how to solve it?! Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

What do you have checked/unchecked on the Date & Time Settings section of the Menu?

If that all looks ok then maybe try downloading one of the freebie clocks from the android market and see what happens on them with the time keeping thing.

(I actually bought the Beautiful Widget app which gives you a clock/date/weather app and it is kinda beautiful!) Just recommend you try a freebie first to check whats going on.

Edit.. just searched this forum and someone else was having problem with the network time being off by 10-15 mins so maybe uncheck the Automatic Use network provided values.
  3. Tuttle

Tuttle Member

Are you using a task killer? If so, make sure you add it to the ignore list or else the clock won't work.
  4. pcok

pcok Member

Ah thanks guys! The problem was the task killer app, but I have also downloaded Beautiful Widget which is great :D
  5. alex_ncfc

alex_ncfc Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me if the size of the digital clock app is supposed to be 0KB? I accidentally force stopped the app the other day and I'm sure it's playing up ever since.
  6. nicmcc

nicmcc New Member

hi, how can i delete the digital clock on this phone? keeps showing the wrong time but to be honest it is getting on my nerves now. please put as simple as possible as im still learning to use my phone lol. thank you in advance
  7. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

If your clock is telling the wrong time, go to Menu>Settings>Date & Time and then untick Automatic and set your own time. The network provided time has caused an issue in the past as has the time zone selected.
  8. fedesg

fedesg New Member

Hi, I experienced a similar problem last night. When I woke up this morning, I noticed that my phone and my wife's were off time by around 2 hours, but no my wrist watch. I then noticed that the clocks on the microwave and the kitchen over were also off time by around the same time!!! At first, I thought I had been a normal black out during the night, but then I thought that the mobiles run on batteries (even though they were charging during the night.)

It seems like all clocks at home that run on electrical power suffered from this, and the only thing that came to my mind was that it may have been some sort of issue with the electromagnetic field around, or something along those lines. I then started finding posts like this on the web!! strange!!