Problem with disconnecting - InternetSupport

Last Updated:

1. Stevee

Stevee Member This Topic's Starter

While I was having a free access to internet there were not any problmes . But now I have limited time for internet and I noticed some problems ....
    When I finish browsing, ofc I exit the bowser I have (standard one) and I thought it was it, no more "credit draining" for using the internet . But I was wrong . Somehow, despite I exit the browser my phone bill is still raising up :confused: until it's completely drained .
    I was wondering If I did something wrong , if there is a special option for commanding the android "Stop using Internet and draining my credit u piece of ...." :D I use HTC Magic ...

Does any of you, this problem ring any bells ? Thank you

Stefan from Serbia ;)

Advertisement
  2. Stevee

Ooh yes, I compliteley forgot . The funniest thing is that an operator I use (Vip pre-paid Serbia) doesn't inform me that I don't have a credit anymore (When I don't), it just says on my browser "Error" and if I check my credit I still see the number of dinars I had had before I started browsing . Then I power off mu phone, and Voila, here comes a message with a greetings that I don't have credit anymore . :cool:

What a heck is this :mad:

3. Stevee

Anyone ? Please :confused:

I am deep inside this problem .:eek:

4. GreatBigDog

GreatBigDog Well-Known Member

Search the market for an app called APN OnOff, it's a widget that you place on one of your home screens. You can use this widget to switch your APN settings on when you want to use data and off when you don't. It's completely independent of other application settings and even if you don't exit the web browser it will stop all data traffic.

bgd

5. Stevee

Thank u very much :D

6. vikingisson

vikingisson Well-Known Member

You might also use an app to keep track of your usage if the provider doesn't give you an easy method of knowing. I use NetSentry, you can set thresholds and notifications so that you never go beyond (in your case dead). WiFI is your friend too.