Problem with downloads restarting at random

Last Updated:

1. dyh

dyh Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am testing out the Vibrant. I have a strange problem where downloads will keep restarting. I was finally able to finish downloading the Samsung drivers for Easytether, a bit over 18 MB, but it took several tries and several hours.

Does anyone else have this problem? Unfortunately for me my current residence isn't in a 3G area so I only have Edge at the moment. Hopefully HSPA+ is coming to the bay area soon. If not I'll have to return this phone.

I can't remember for sure, but I think I also had this download restarting problem when I was at the store in a 3G coverage area. I needed to download the text to speech software for Maps Navigation, and I think it took a few tries before it finished properly. That was around 4 MB. In addition to the restarting, it also seemed to take awhile for 3G, but I'm new to T Mobile and Android.

I've heard the HSPA+ enhanced Vibrant is even faster than current Wimax, so if that's the case it would be great, but if I can't get a stable connection that's that fast, I'll switch back to Sprint.

Let me know if you have any info or thoughts for me, thanks.

Advertisement