Problem with Droid X and music....

Last Updated:

1. guiness5150

guiness5150 New Member This Topic's Starter

Got the Droid X about a week ago and love it, except for one issue. I used an app (not the problem because I tried two different ones) to sync my iTunes setlists with the phone. Everything works great but once a day when I try to play a song I get "media player cannot play file".... all the songs are still listed but I have to pull the battery, remove and re-insert the memory card and it works fine...any thoughts or ideas? If I can get this fixed it will be awesome phone!
    Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. guiness5150

guiness5150 New Member This Topic's Starter

.....could the card be corrupt? I did unplug the USB w/o
    Getting the" safe to disconnect"....format it maybe(@?)

3. sbsportsmind

sbsportsmind New Member

I don't think its a corrupt card because this happens to me once in a while also. It won't play any media even v-cast videos it gets the same error message "media player cannot play file".

If the sard was corrupt it wouldn't play at all even after you pull the battery. It is very frustrating. Any ideas??

4. CptGemini

CptGemini Well-Known Member

I do recall having something similar like this happening when trying to play some youtube videos when I was using my G1. What I did to remedy the issue was end any running background apps that were not needed (I use advanced task manager) which fixed the problem I was having with youtube then.